Sunday, August 4, 2013

“Every Rose has its Thorn”



“For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia.” ~ 2 Timothy 4:10 (KJV)

While each of us in this world desires a life of comfort, quickly we find out that it’s like finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. We desire the things of God without experiencing the problems that come with it. So many of us look at other people without realizing what it took for get them to the places God has put them. We covet what people have but hate and don’t want what people had to go through to get “it.” Inwardly, we have this search for more and to do more, even for God, forgetting that every rose (blessing) has its thorn (problem). We want to find out what to do in life, but so often in finding out and doing we run into some form of problem. What’s the deal with that?

Paul was nearing the end of his Ministry, after running the race and fighting the good fight of faith, nearing the finish line of his life the Bible says “Demas hath forsaken me.” Right in the middle of a good time for Paul a bad thing happened, a friend turned into an enemy. It always hurts when we face betrayal, but for every new level there is a new devil and please be aware old devils can return too. Face to face with our greatest opportunities we will also be face to face with our greatest adversaries, sometimes before we even see the opportunity we find ourselves in the fight of our life. We wonder if this is so good why did “this” come along with it. While it’s nice to give someone a rose, if it’s not de-thorned a nice gesture can hurt. Often God gives us roses and we love them, but within them we find thorns. What’s the purpose? While we don’t understand the full ways of God, one reason problems come with promotion is because we would be lifted up with pride, we would think like the foolish farmer in Luke 12 “I have everything I need.” Inwardly, we are naturally prideful, we want to escape God in the flesh, but we want to cling to God in the spirit. God often lets us face blessings spiritually but pain in the flesh to keep us humble and dependent on Him. If you have faced a thorn in your life, know it’s for a purpose and in time it will change, but the thorn is there to help you, not hurt you, but you must know how to respond to it when it pricks you, because it will. Find out how to respond in a godly way, pray this prayer:

Father in Jesus Name, I come to You thankful for the thorns in my roses. Lord, I come to You knowing You have a reason for the problems in my life; they are to help me and humble me. Lord, let them fulfill their purpose. Lord, when the thorn pricks me, teach me what to do. How do I respond to the adversity, how should I handle the thorn in my life? Father, speak to my heart and guide me in the right pathway so I can fulfill the full will of God in my life. Lord, remove anything that hinders the work of God in my heart, preparing me for the work of God in public. I thank You Lord in Your Son Jesus’ Name! AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful in your comments knowing people of all ages can see this blog.

"Each one of us must please his neighbor for his good, to build him up." ~ Romans 15:2 (HCSB)