Sunday, August 4, 2013

“When God Calls YOU to Rebuild”



“So the king asked me, "Why are you looking so sad? You don't look sick to me. You must be deeply troubled." Then I was terrified, but I replied, "Long live the king! How can I not be sad? For the city where my ancestors are buried is in ruins, and the gates have been destroyed by fire." ~ Nehemiah 2:2-3 (NLT)

Nehemiah was chosen by God to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem. Nehemiah was aware of this because of the burden he had. God specifically allow Nehemiah to feel the burden of the broken down walls and torn apart city so he (Nehemiah) would respond by prayer. God used the burden of Nehemiah to cause him to want to do the will of God. Every so often, you will face a situation and you have the answer, you see the problem and you know of some solutions, but there is a time period you must wait. Nehemiah heard about the walls being broken down, yet he had to wait on the authority of the King. Nevertheless, Nehemiah prayed and confessed the sins of Israel and waited patiently on the opportunity to put a godly plan into action.

God has chosen you to do some work for Him. Perhaps, you don’t know what is it and perhaps you do, but you don’t know when or how it’s possible. Those are great responses they prove your inability to do it. Gods plan for your life can be seen through problems in your life. YOU may be the person God uses to restore your family. YOU may be the person God uses to speak to that person on drugs, leading them to the freedom that’s found in Christ. YOU may be the person God has chosen to run a specific ministry for a time period for His glory. In all this excitement that we feel in knowing God has a plan, the hard part is waiting on the door of opportunity. Like Nehemiah we can be aware, wanting to help, ready to help, but forced to wait on the right time. Don’t give up because time isn’t on your side yet, time is in the hand of God and God has a time and place for the work to begin. Perhaps, the preparation stage you are in is more valuable than the work you will soon do for God. Without God working diligently in you, the outside work may seem fruitful, but it won’t last. Enjoy the process, be aware of the ability to help out, but remember to wait until it’s time to do it. God isn’t late, God is preparing.

Father in Jesus Name, I come to You thankful that You are not late, You are aware, You are ready, but I am not. Lord, I come to You asking You to take me through whatever I need to go through to get ready. Bring me to the right scriptures, place the right people in my life, take the wrong people out, show me what to apply biblically and help me to have a devotion to You that is superior to anything in my life. Lord, when it’s time to do the plan You have for me, I pray that it’s done in the love and humility of the Holy Spirit. I pray that You add Your success and value to it and that Your will, will indeed be done, helping others through me in Jesus Name I thank You in advance. AMEN!

Picture from: http://globible.com/

There will ALWAYS be a difference in WANTING to do it and being READY to do it. Be patient!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful in your comments knowing people of all ages can see this blog.

"Each one of us must please his neighbor for his good, to build him up." ~ Romans 15:2 (HCSB)