Sunday, August 4, 2013

"A REAL Offering to Christ!"


“Jesus sat down near the collection box in the Temple and watched as the crowds dropped in their money. Many rich people put in large amounts. Then a poor widow came and dropped in two small coins. Jesus called His disciples to Him and said, "I tell you the truth, this poor widow has given more than all the others who are making contributions. For they gave a tiny part of their surplus, but she, poor as she is, has given everything she had to live on." ~ Mark 12:41-44 (New Living Translation)

Jesus is amazing! In Gods great love for us He has given us plenty of blessings. Sometimes our greatest gifts we can give are covered in dust, we have old clothes, old books, old bags, shoes etc. to give, but we forget to give. What is Gods measurement in giving is it in the amount? From this story we see Jesus talking and teaching as always and as He was teaching the people about God and what God desires of our lives He noticed people giving large amounts of money, simply because they could. Yet, in the process of seeing this a poor widowed woman walked by and gave two coins. Immediately, Jesus, knowing the hearts knew this woman was a true godly giver. The Bible gives a description of how much this was worth, basically a penny in our time. It was so little, but God saw it as so much. God doesn’t see offerings as dollar signs; He sees them as a matter of the heart. God desires for us to give, but more importantly to give with a godly and loving motive.

As you grow in your walk with Christ to lack giving is to lack spiritual growth and power. God will always draw us into new levels of giving. When it comes to money, God knows we have a natural desire to try to keep it, store it up and crave more of it. God knows how to fix that, by giving. By doing Gods will we will realize it’s not only a good thing and something that we want, but it becomes something that enables us to have victory in other areas. For example, if you have an issue with lust and greed, taking those things you lust for and giving them away to others can break that strong desire in your heart. Obedience to God always leads to blessing. When it comes to money, spiritually this can be the most amazing thing that we can use for the Kingdom of God and His Gospel. God can use money to take the Gospel around the world. God will use money when given to the right Ministries to reach people you couldn’t meet. As you sleep, your donations are changing lives and people are coming to Christ for salvation. Churches who are spiritually blessing people are funded by money, not just by prayers. God desires that we give! God gave to us so we would give. In the process of your spiritual growth, keep an eye open for things to give, if it’s not money, make a CD for someone, if it’s not that, try clothes, shoes, books, suits, etc. etc. God has given you something to give, pray over it, pray for God to lead you to the right person and pray that it moves that person to come closer to Jesus Christ. Our whole purpose of giving is to glorify God and bring others closer to Him. Don’t neglect the awesome power of giving, Jesus took notice to this woman, but tomorrow will He take notice of you? God Bless!

Father in Jesus Name, I come to You grateful. Lord, I acknowledge I don’t give enough. Lord, I pray that You show me what I can give. Lord, guide me to people to help. Let me be an answer to someone’s spoken and unspoken prayer. Lord, let me feed people. Let me clothe people. Let me be there to offer a prayer for someone I don’t know and for those I do know. Lord, let my heart have a desire to give for the godly purposes that You intend it for. After I am faithful in giving in small amounts, I pray that if it’s Your will You will give me the ability to give more. I thank You and may my life glorify You in Jesus Name. I thank You! AMEN!

Picture from Glo Bible www.globible.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful in your comments knowing people of all ages can see this blog.

"Each one of us must please his neighbor for his good, to build him up." ~ Romans 15:2 (HCSB)